We describe a 41-year-old man with CD7-positive acute myeloid leukemia (AML-M0) with trilineage-myelodysplasia. Chromosome analysis of the bone marrow cells showed 46,XY,t(2;4;12)(p21;q12;p13). Cytological and clinical features of our case were quite similar to those of AML with t(4;12)(q11∼12;p13). The karyotypic interpretation was confirmed by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) by using the whole-chromosome painting probes specific for chromosomes 2, 4, and 12. FISH analysis with the use of the YAC 936e2 probe, which covers the TEL gene, did not show the split signal, suggesting that a gene other than TEL was involved in the leukemogenesis of the present case. Our case with AML with t(2;4;12)(p21;q12;p13) appears to be the first case of a variant type of AML with t(4;12)(q11∼12;p13).
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cancer Genetics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A specific chromosome abnormality of t(4;12)(q11–12;p13) in CD7+ acute leukemia.Br J Haematol. 1995; 90: 850-854
- Characterization of acute leukemia with t(4;12).Leuk Lymphoma. 1997; 25: 47-53
- CD7+ acute myeloid leukaemia with “mature lymphoid” blast morphology, marrow basophilia and t(4;12)(q12;p13).Br J Haematol. 1997; 97: 978-980
- t(4;12)(q11;p13) in a CD7-negative acute leukaemia.Br J Haematol. 1997; 96: 210-212
ISCN (1995): An International System for Human Cytogenetic Nomenclature. F Mitelman, ed. S. Karger, Basel.
- Establishment of a novel human acute myeloblastic leukemia cell line (YNH-1) with t(16;21), t(1;16) and 12q13 translocations.Leukemia. 1997; 11: 599-608
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization mapping of translocations and deletions involving the short arm of human chromosome 12 in malignant hematologic disease.Blood. 1994; 84: 3473-3482
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization characterization of new translocations involving TEL (ETV6) in a wide spectrum of hematologic malignancies.Blood. 1998; 91: 1399-1406
- Fusion of PDGF recepter β to a novel ets-like gene, TEL, in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia with t(5;12) chromosomal translocation.Cell. 1994; 77: 307-316
- Translocation (12;22)(p13;q11) in myeloproliferative disorders results in fusion of the ETS-like TEL gene on 12p13 to the MN1 gene on 22q11.Oncogene. 1995; 10: 1511-1519
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis of t(3;12)(q26;p13).Blood. 1996; 88: 682-689
- Heterogeneity in the breakpoints in balanced rearrangements involving band 12p13 in hematologic malignancies identified by fluorescence in situ hybridization.Blood. 1997; 90: 4886-4893
- Enhanced expression of an insulin growth factor-like binding protein (mac 25) in senescent human mammary epithelial cells and induced expression with retinoic acid.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1995; 92: 4472-4476
- A YAC contig spanning a cluster of human type III receptor protein tyrosine kinase genes (PDGFRA-KIT-KDR) in chromosome segment 4q12.Genomics. 1994; 22: 431-436
- Loss of heterozygosity in chromosome 4q12–q13 in hepatocellular carcinoma in southern African blacks.Anticancer Res. 1996; 16: 349-351
- Beta-sarcoglycan.Nat Genet. 1995; 11: 257-265
Accepted: March 30, 1999
Received: December 29, 1998
© 1999 Elsevier Science Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.