- •Some variant RARA rearrangements are insensitive to all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) therapy.
- •We report a rarely described STAT5B/RARA fusion that was insensitive to ATRA therapy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Acute myeloid leukaemia with recurrent genetic abnormalities.in: Swerdlow S.H. Campo E. Harris N.L. WHO classification of tumours of haematopoietic and lymphoid tissues. 4th ed. International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), Lyon, France2017: 130-149
- Deconstructing a disease: RARalpha, its fusion partners, and their roles in the pathogenesis of acute promyelocytic leukemia.Blood. 1999; 93: 3167-3215
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia: a review and discussion of variant translocations.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2015; 139: 1308-1313
- Diagnosis of variant RARA translocation using standard dual-color dual-fusion PML/RARA FISH probes: an illustrative report.Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther. 2019; 12: 50-53
- BIMA V3: an aligner customized for mate pair library sequencing.Bioinformatics. 2014; 30: 1627-1629
- SVAtools for junction detection of genome-wide chromosomal rearrangements by mate-pair sequencing (MPseq).Cancer Genet. 2018; 221: 1-18
- Mate pair sequencing improves detection of genomic abnormalities in acute myeloid leukemia.Eur J Haematol. 2019; 102: 87-96
- Development of real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction assays to track treatment response in retinoid resistant acute promyelocytic leukemia.Front Oncol. 2011; 1: 35
- All-trans retinoic acid and arsenic trioxide resistance of acute promyelocytic leukemia with the variant STAT5B-RARA fusion gene.Leukemia. 2013; 27: 1606-1610
- Myeloid neoplasm demonstrating a STAT5B-RARA rearrangement and genetic alterations associated with all-trans retinoic acid resistance by a custom next-generation sequencing assay.Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2015; 1a000307
- Clinical characteristics of acute promyelocytic leukemia with the STAT5B/RARA fusion gene.Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2018; 69: 71-73
- STAT5b-RARa-positive acute myeloid leukemia: diagnostic and therapeutic challenges of a rare AML subtype.Leuk Res. 2019; 78: 21-23
- Successful treatment of a patient with acute promyelocytic leukemia with a STAT5B/RARA fusion gene using decitabine.Leuk lymphoma. 2018; 59: 763-765
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia with a STAT5B-RARα fusion transcript defined by arrary-CGH, FISH, and RT-PCR.Cancer Genet. 2012; 205: 327-331
- Mechanisms of action and resistance to all-trans- retinoic acid (ATRA) and arsenic trioxide (As2O 3) in acute promyelocytic leukemia.Int J Hematol. 2013; : 717-725