- •A few genetic abnormalities are detected in BAL cases.
- •The most found genetic abnormalities in BAL are MLL rearrangement and t(9;22).
- •Trisomy 5 is very rare in BAL, and was reported as included in hyperdiploid karyotype.
- •The our case report is unique in literature in terms of detecting double Ph chromosomes and trisomy 5.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clinical characteristics and outcome of biphenotypic acute leukemia: 10 case reports and literature review.Cancer Manag Res. 2019; 11: 9297-9306
- The genetic basis and cell of origin of mixed phenotype acute leukaemia.Nature. 2018; 562: 373-379
- The Philadelphia chromosome in leukemogenesis.Chin J Cancer. 2016; 35: 48
- Cytogenetics and molecular genetics of acute lymphoblastic leukemia.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2009; 23 (v): 991-1010
Ma, E.S., & Wan, T.S. . + 5 or Trisomy 5. Atlas of genetics and cytogenetics in oncology and haematology 2002.
- Outcome of biphenotypic acute leukemia.Haematologica. 1999; 84: 699-706
- A new case of trisomy 5 as sole cytogenetic anomaly in acute myeloid leukemia.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1995; 84: 120-122
- Trisomy 5 in Ph+ chronic myeloid leukemia in association with megakaryocytosis.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1991; 51: 273-275
- A case of trisomy 5 in a Philadelphia positive leukemia.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1992; 61: 216-217
- Trisomy 5 as a sole cytogenetic abnormality in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2000; 118: 69-71
- Is trisomy 5 a distinct cytogenetic subgroup in acute lymphoblastic leukemia?.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2004; 148: 159-162
- A case of acute lymphoblastic leukemia with additional chromosomes X and 5 associated with a Philadelphia chromosome in the bone marrow.Turk J Haematol. 2010; 27: 299-302
- Double Philadelphia chromosome-positive B acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in an elderly patient.Malays J Pathol. 2015; 37: 275-279