- •Reclassification of TP53 variants over time may significantly alter management.
- •Applying the Clingen VCEP specifications to 8 variants led to reclassification in six.
- •Ongoing review of variants with high prior probability of pathogenicity from cancer patients is essential.
Abbreviations:LFS (Li Fraumeni Syndrome), VUS (Variant of Uncertain Significance)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Risks of first and subsequent cancers among TP53 mutation carriers in the National Cancer Institute Li-Fraumeni syndrome cohort.Cancer. 2016; 122: 3673-3681
- Inherited TP53 Mutations and the Li-Fraumeni Syndrome.Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2017; 7
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome: report of a clinical research workshop and creation of a research consortium.Cancer Genet. 2012; 205: 479-487
- The genomic landscape of hypodiploid acute lymphoblastic leukemia.Nat Genet. 2013; 45: 242-252
- TP53 germline variations influence the predisposition and prognosis of B-Cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 591-599
- Biochemical and imaging surveillance in germline TP53 mutation carriers with Li-Fraumeni syndrome: a prospective observational study.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 559-567
- Biochemical and imaging surveillance in germline TP53 mutation carriers with Li-Fraumeni syndrome: 11 year follow-up of a prospective observational study.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: 1295-1305
- Why are there hotspot mutations in the TP53 gene in human cancers?.Cell Death Differ. 2018; 25: 154-160
- Specifications of the ACMG/AMP variant interpretation guidelines for germline TP53 variants.Hum Mutat. 2021; 42: 223-236
- The Ancestral Pace of Variant Reclassification.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018; 110: 1133-1134
- Impact of a cancer gene variant reclassification program over a 20-Year period.JCO Precis Oncol. 2020; 4
- The effects of genomic germline variant reclassification on clinical cancer care.Oncotarget. 2019; 10: 417-423
- ClinVar: public archive of relationships among sequence variation and human phenotype.Nucleic Acids Res. 2014; 42: D980-D985
- The IARC TP53 database: new online mutation analysis and recommendations to users.Hum Mutat. 2002; 19: 607-614
ClinGen Variant Curation Expert Panel (VCEP) Protocol (2020). Available at: https://clinicalgenome.org/docs/clingen-variant-curation-expert-panel-vcep-protocol/. Acessed 02/01/2021 2021.
- Exome aggregation C. Analysis of protein-coding genetic variation in 60,706 humans.Nature. 2016; 536: 285-291
- Experiences of patients seeking to participate in variant of uncertain significance reclassification research.J Commun Genet. 2019; 10: 189-196
- Multicenter prospective cohort study of the diagnostic yield and patient experience of multiplex gene panel testing for hereditary cancer risk.JCO Precision Oncol. 2019; : 1-12
- ClinGen Variant Curation Expert Panel experiences and standardized processes for disease and gene-level specification of the ACMG/AMP guidelines for sequence variant interpretation.Hum Mutat. 2018; 39: 1614-1622
- Genetic misdiagnoses and the potential for health disparities.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 655-665
- Ashton-Prolla P. TP53 variants of uncertain significance: increasing challenges in variant interpretation and genetic counseling.Fam Cancer. 2019; 18: 451-456
- Sherloc: a comprehensive refinement of the ACMG-AMP variant classification criteria.Genet Med. 2017; 19: 1105-1117