- •17% and 20% of women had mutations and VUS in cancer predisposition genes.
- •Surgeries did not differ between women with VUS and benign findings.
- •78% of women with mutations in moderate risk genes underwent prophylactic surgery.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations and treatment strategies for breast cancer.Integr Cancer Sci Ther. 2017; 4https://doi.org/10.15761/ICST.1000228
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Guidelines version 1.2022: hereditary cancer testing criteria 2022.
- Clinical evaluation of a multiple-gene sequencing panel for hereditary cancer risk assessment.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 2001-2009
- Standards and guidelines for the interpretation of sequence variants: a joint consensus recommendation of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics and the Association for Molecular Pathology.Genet Med. 2015; 17: 405-424
- Consensus guidelines on genetic` testing for hereditary breast cancer from the American Society of Breast Surgeons.Ann Surg Oncol. 2019; 26: 3025-3031
- Psychosocial outcomes following germline multigene panel testing in an ethnically and economically diverse cohort of patients.Cancer. 2021; 127: 1275-1285
- Impact of panel gene testing for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer on patients.J Genet Couns. 2017; 26: 1116-1129
- Current issues in the overdiagnosis and overtreatment of breast cancer.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 210: 285-291
- Clinical applications of polygenic breast cancer risk: a critical review and perspectives of an emerging field.Breast Cancer Res. 2020; 22: 21
- The clinician's perspective on the 21-gene assay in early breast cancer.Oncotarget. 2021; 12: 2514-2530
- Germline genetic testing for breast cancer risk: the past, present, and future.Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book. 2019; 39: 61-74
- Clinical decision-making in patients with variant of uncertain significance in BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes.Ann Surg Oncol. 2017; 24: 3067-3072
- Outcomes of large panel genetic evaluation of breast cancer patients in a community-based cancer institute.Am J Surg. 2021; 221: 1159-1163
- Impact of multigene panel testing on surgical decision making in breast cancer patients.J Am Coll Surg. 2018; 226: 560-565
- Association between genetic testing for hereditary breast cancer and contralateral prophylactic mastectomy among multiethnic women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer.JCO Oncol Pract. 2021; OP2100322
- Clinical management among individuals with variant of uncertain significance in hereditary cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Genet. 2021; 100: 119-131
- Contralateral prophylactic mastectomy rate and predictive factors among patients with breast cancer who underwent multigene panel testing for hereditary cancer.Cancer Med. 2018; 7: 2718-2726
- Contralateral risk-reducing mastectomy in breast cancer patients who undergo multigene panel testing.Ann Surg Oncol. 2020; 27: 4613-4621
- Association of germline genetic testing results with locoregional and systemic therapy in patients with breast cancer.JAMA Oncol. 2020; 6e196400
- Uptake, results, and outcomes of germline multiple-gene sequencing after diagnosis of breast cancer.JAMA Oncol. 2018; 4: 1066-1072