- •There is a high correlation between nCounter and RNA-seq data analysis the same sample.
- •Data from nCounter analysis of FFPE tissue correlated highly with data from RNA-seq analysis of FFPE tissue and fresh frozen tissue.
- •nCounter makes FFPE tissue avaliable in the field of molecular analysis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The procurement, storage, and quality assurance of frozen blood and tissue biospecimens in pathology, biorepository, and biobank settings.Clin Biochem. 2014; 47: 258-266
- Determinants of RNA quality from FFPE samples.PLoS ONE. 2007; 2: e1261
- Efficient method for the proteomic analysis of fixed and embedded tissues.J Proteome Res. 2005; 4: 2404-2411
- The isolation of nucleic acids from fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues-which methods are useful when?.PLoS ONE. 2007; 2: e537
- Comparison of microRNA deep sequencing of matched formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded and fresh frozen cancer tissues.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8: e64393
- Comparative analysis of RNA sequencing methods for degraded or low-input samples.Nat Methods. 2013; 10: 623-629
- Comparison of RNA-Seq by poly (A) capture, ribosomal RNA depletion, and DNA microarray for expression profiling.BMC Genomics. 2014; 15: 419
- Robust gene expression and mutation analyses of RNA-sequencing of formalin-fixed diagnostic tumor samples.Sci Rep. 2015; 5: 12335
- Application of NanoString technologies in companion diagnostic development.Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2019; 19: 591-598
- Immuno-oncology gene expression profiling of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded clear cell renal cell carcinoma: performance comparison of the NanoString nCounter technology with targeted RNA sequencing.Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2020; 59: 406-416
- Robustness of RNA sequencing on older formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue from high-grade ovarian serous adenocarcinomas.PLoS ONE. 2019; 14e0216050
- Impact of storage conditions on the quality of nucleic acids in paraffin embedded tissues.PLoS ONE. 2018; 13e0203608
- Biobanking of fresh frozen tissue: RNA is stable in nonfixed surgical specimens.Lab Invest. 2006; 86: 202-211
- Effect of duration of ex vivo ischemia time and storage period on RNA quality in biobanked human renal cell carcinoma tissue.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 297-304
- Sensitive and affordable diagnostic assay for the quantitative detection of anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) alterations in patients with non-small cell lung cancer.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 37160-37176
- Comparison of the quantigene 2.0 assay and real-time RT-PCR in the detection of p53 Isoform mRNA expression in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues- a preliminary study.PLoS ONE. 2016; 11e0165930
- Optimization of the isolation and amplification of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue: the armed forces institute of pathology experience and literature review.Mol Diagn. 1997; 2: 217-230
- Quantitative mRNA expression analysis from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues using 5′ nuclease quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction.J Mol Diagn. 2000; 2: 84-91
- RNA expression analysis from formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissues.Histochem Cell Biol. 2008; 130: 435-445
- Towards quantitative mRNA analysis in paraffin-embedded tissues using real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction: a methodological study on lymph nodes from melanoma patients.J Mol Diagn. 2003; 5: 34-41
- Multiplexed measurements of gene signatures in different analytes using the nanostring nCounter assay system.BMC Res Notes. 2009; 2: 80
- A cross comparison of technologies for the detection of microRNAs in clinical FFPE samples of hepatoblastoma patients.Sci Rep. 2015; 5: 10438
- Accurate outcome prediction in neuroblastoma across independent data sets using a multigene signature.Clin Cancer Res. 2010; 16: 1532-1541
- Rapid, reliable, and reproducible molecular sub-grouping of clinical medulloblastoma samples.Acta Neuropathol. 2012; 123: 615-626
- Kamel-Reid S. mRNA transcript quantification in archival samples using multiplexed, color-coded probes.BMC Biotechnol. 2011; 11: 46
- Positive association of collagen type I with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer progression.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 82609-82619
- INHBA overexpression indicates poor prognosis in urothelial carcinoma of urinary bladder and upper tract.J Surg Oncol. 2015; 111: 414-422