- •ERGamp is a unique driver of myeloid malignancy with a signature genetic profile with loss of 5q, chromothripsis and TP53 loss of function variants.
- •Chromosome structure with copy number analysis (CNA) and loss of heterozygosity (LOH) should be standard of care to risk stratify myeloid malignancies.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cancer Genetics
Arber D.A., Brunning R.D., Le Beau M.M., Falini B., Vardiman J.W., Porwit A., et al. Acute Myeloid leukeaemia with recurrent genetic abnormalities. In: WHO classification of tumours of haematopoietic and lymphoid tissue. revised 4th edition. 2017, p. 129–71.
- ERG dependence distinguishes developmental control of hematopoietic stem cell maintenance from hematopoietic specification.Genes Dev. 2011; 25: 251-262
- Erg is required for self-renewal of hematopoietic stem cells during stress hematopoiesis in mice.Blood. 2011; 118: 2454-2461
- Acute myeloid leukemia with complex karyotypes and abnormal chromosome 21: amplification discloses overexpression of APP, ETS2, and ERG genes.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004; 101: 3915-3920
- Spectral karyotyping in patients with acute myeloid leukemia and a complex karyotype shows hidden aberrations, including recurrent overrepresentation of 21q, 11q, and 22q.Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2002; 34: 137-153
- Overexpression of the ETS-related gene, ERG, predicts a worse outcome in acute myeloid leukemia with normal karyotype: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B study.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 9234-9242
- ERG induces a mesenchymal-like state associated with chemoresistance in leukemia cells.Oncotarget. 2014; 5: 351-362
- Copy-number analysis identified new prognostic marker in acute myeloid leukemia.Leukemia. 2017; 31: 555-564
- TP53 alterations in acute myeloid leukemia with complex karyotype correlate with specific copy number alterations, monosomal karyotype, and dismal outcome.Blood. 2012; 119: 2114-2121
- TP53 mutations in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia: clinicomolecular characteristics, response to therapy, and outcomes.Cancer. 2016; 122: 3484-3491
- Association analyses of TP53 mutation with prognosis, tumor mutational burden, and immunological features in acute myeloid leukemia.Front Immunol. 2021; 12717527
- Diagnosis and management of AML in adults: 2017 ELN recommendations from an international expert panel.Blood. 2017; 129: 424-447
NCCN Guidelines Version 3.2020 Acute Myeloid Leukemia (Age >/= 18 years), www.nccn.org. In.
- Impact of TP53 mutation variant allele frequency on phenotype and outcomes in myelodysplastic syndromes.Leukemia. 2016; 30: 666-673
- Genomic context and TP53 allele frequency define clinical outcomes in TP53-mutated myelodysplastic syndromes.Blood Adv. 2020; 4: 482-495
- Implications of TP53 allelic state for genome stability, clinical presentation and outcomes in myelodysplastic syndromes.Nat Med. 2020; 26: 1549-1556
- Prognostic and therapeutic impacts of mutant TP53 variant allelic frequency in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia.Blood Adv. 2020; 4: 5681-5689
- Characteristics of DNMT3A mutations in acute myeloid leukemia.Blood Res. 2020; 55: 17-26
- Dynamics of DNMT3A mutation and prognostic relevance in patients with primary myelodysplastic syndrome.Clin Epigenetics. 2018; 10: 42
- Recurrent DNMT3A mutations in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes.Leukemia. 2011; 25: 1153-1158
- Clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential.Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2016; 113: 317-322
- Mutations of the PTPN11 gene in therapy-related MDS and AML with rare balanced chromosome translocations.Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2007; 46: 517-521
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with somatic mutations in PTPN11 is associated with treatment resistance and poor overall survival.Blood. 2018; 132 (2760–2760)
- Genetic alterations and their clinical implications in older patients with acute myeloid leukemia.Leukemia. 2016; 30: 1485-1492
- Genome sequencing of pediatric medulloblastoma links catastrophic DNA rearrangements with TP53 mutations.Cell. 2012; 148: 59-71
- Marker chromosomes can arise from chromothripsis and predict adverse prognosis in acute myeloid leukemia.Blood. 2017; 129: 1333-1342
- Chromothripsis in acute myeloid leukemia: biological features and impact on survival.Leukemia. 2018; 32: 1609-1620
- Prognostic value of TP53 gene mutations in myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemia treated with azacitidine.Leuk Res. 2014; 38: 751-755
- TP53 mutation in patients with high-risk acute myeloid leukaemia treated with allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.Br J Haematol. 2016; 172: 914-922
- Clinical implications of TP53 mutations in myelodysplastic syndromes treated with hypomethylating agents.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 14172-14187
- Molecular patterns of response and treatment failure after frontline venetoclax combinations in older patients with AML.Blood. 2020; 135: 791-803
- TP53 and Decitabine in Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Myelodysplastic Syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 2023-2036
- Monosomal karyotype and chromosome 17p loss or TP53 mutations in decitabine-treated patients with acute myeloid leukemia.Ann Hematol. 2020; 99: 1551-1560
- Venetoclax and hypomethylating agents in TP53-mutated acute myeloid leukaemia.Br J Haematol. 2019; 187: e45-e48
- ERG amplification is a secondary recurrent driver event in myeloid malignancy with complex karyotype and TP53 mutations.Gen Chrom Cancer. 2022; (online)
- Analysis of SNP array abnormalities in patients with DE NOVO acute myeloid leukemia with normal karyotype.Sci Rep. 2020; 10: 5904
- Assessing copy number aberrations and copy neutral loss of heterozygosity across the genome as best practice: an evidence based review of clinical utility from the cancer genomics consortium (CGC) working group for myelodysplastic syndrome, myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative and myeloproliferative neoplasms.Cancer Genet. 2018; (197–217): 228-229
- Acquired copy number alterations in adult acute myeloid leukemia genomes.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009; 106: 12950-12955